Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Last Saturday was a FIRST!

Yes Friends... Last Saturday (Feb 4th, 2012) was a first for me. Actually, now that I think about it, there were a couple of firsts. How many of us out there have actually ever seen a Segway in person? I never had, until Saturday. One of the demo's was a test drive on a Segway. Even though I was merely providing tech support I decided to take a break and check the Segways out. For the first time in my life..I saw a Segway. That wasn't enough for me though- I wanted to ride on the Segway. I pretended I was in that session and I got in line. They had about 5 Segways and I got a turn to ride one. Holy Cow! Those things are crazy- It feels like the Segway is mentally connected to you as the movements to get them moving are very subtle. Lucky for me there was a teacher there that I knew and I asked him to get some footage of me riding the Segway- and now I am putting it on my BLOG :) Enjoy the video clip which I spiced up thanks to good old Windows Live Movie Maker and an iPhone 4- If you ever are presented with the chance to test out a Segway, I highly recommend giving it a try. Needless to say, you will NOT regret it. Good bye for now friends-






1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I have yet to ride a segway myself. I enjoyed the background music; classy choice.

    ReplyDelete