Sunday, February 26, 2012

Family is the Awesome!

This will likely be my last post for this month..unless something AMAZING happens in the next 3-4 days. I do want to take a moment and say that Family = the AWESOME! What a brilliant concept that we all exist in a unit together. I am SUPER lucky to have not only a great family, but a really good/open/honest/real relationship with them all. To be in a partnership with my soul mate and have a family of my own is also just brilliant. I truly feel like I had a tender bonding type moment with Brighton (my 5 year old). He is a fairly large fan of a silly video game called plants VS zombies, and he always talks about how he and his uncle Christopher play it on the PS3 out in Riverton. Well...I have an Xbox 360 which has the same version of plants vs zombies as the PS3 does. So the other night I decided to purchase it and download it to my Xbox 360. When I showed Brighton that we could now play it and play it together he was super excited! We played for about 1.5 hours and it was swell- He must have told me a dozen times that he Loved that we could finally play together. On the way home from Riverton he told my wife a few more times how happy he was that he could "play plants vs zombies with daddy."

I think that is one of the few times where Brighton and I were able to just have fun doing something we both enjoyed. There is a massive difference between us playing through in a co-op mode and him forcing me to play the game while he watches..  I can say that anyone who wonders why people decide to procreate and have children has not experienced the joy that I felt as Brighton told me how happy he was that we could play "together." I think that the key to this is that it didn't really matter what we were playing it was the fact that he, as a son go to play with his dad. I know I am getting a little soft on this post, but guess what? This is my blog and I can go soft if I want to. And the road I am going down right now leads to a very soft place. On a side note I may have found the solution to my flat feet issues. Kent is an Orthopedic Massage Therapist and seems to think he can take some of my pain away..I have a visit with him on Thursday and really have high hopes. He worked wonders with Eva so here's to the future :)

2 comments:

  1. What did you do, blog right after we got off the Skype chat? It made our day that Austin has been asking to come play at our house. You are one lucky guy to have those cute boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Playing together is what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete