Friday, June 22, 2012

The Race I didn't Run :(

Yes...Most of you know I did not get to participate in the good old fashioned Ragnar Race last weekend. I decided it was not worth risking long term injury, so I sat it out. It sounds like the team had a decently good time as they are very close to signing up for next year. The crazy thing is they have to sign up on Monday or there will be no "next year." I think I have a spot on the team next year and it sounds like the team will be expanded to 2 teams... I believe the Otter Pops will have 2 teams. I am very hopeful that I have a spot and starting today.... I will begin training for reals. I now know what not to do in order to stay healthy and not over-train too close to the fact. I have less than 1 year to get into Ragnar shape- Along the way I hope to get in half Marathon shape as well.. since I intend to run a half marathon as well.... It all starts with the Neff Family Run for fun run of fun runnning just for the fun of it 10 K 2012 July @ Wolf Creek...!!!

On a completely different and totally unrelated note - I also lived out one of my dreams this morning. Have you ever seen a movie where the main character is locked out of a room? Usually there are 2 ways to deal with the problem. 1) Take the gun and shoot the door open. 2) Kick the door open by kicking right where the door knob is... So I don't have a gun and this seems a bit overkill. I do however have legs of steel and Raw power...so I did what any rational sleep deprived man would... I kicked the freaking door open >:) I am sure my wife will not be super pleased to hear this news...and I am sure there will be some sort of backlash. Oh well! There is a lesson to be learned here - If one doesn't respond to a text stating that the bathroom door is locked there is a good chance that a door might become a victim of sleep deprived and tired..RAGE!

2 comments: