Sunday, April 22, 2012

I never thought I would see the day..


1999
 Two words....but first a story -> So as many of you know I am a fan of a very few television programs. One of which is NBC's The Voice, so I am watching this show and they announce a guest appearance from a group called The Wanted.. They sang a song that sounded familiar. I suppose I had heard them on the radio at some point. But it wasn't the song as much as it was the sound and even more than that it was what I saw. The Wanted a group of 5 dudes...singing a song together, each with their own mic. What was happening????? Has it really been that long that the powers that be have decided to bring back "the boy band." I had to consult with the interwebs.. Sure enough according to the wikipedia and I quote "The Wanted are a British-Irish boy band. " There was one last thing that I had to see to prove my theory...a music video. So I fired up youtube and searched for the wanted. Within about 5 seconds of watching the video for a song called Heart Vacancy.. I knew that my fear had been confirmed- 2012 is the year that we DIG so deep into the bag of old redos that we are back to boy bands?? One word- REALLY????? REALLY?????? It's bad enough that Hollywood can only muster sequels and crappy re-makes of 80s movies. Now music is running backwards? How long before disco pops back up on us? I am a fan of Glee but their disco episode still just...sucked! I hate disco and disco...SUCKS! Ok- I am going to hop off my soap box, but be warned...boy bands are not sustainable music- one day we will hear these songs at the local supermarket Or in an elevator. The proof is in the pictures...
1999 
2012

No comments:

Post a Comment